Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Ferguson

This is my social issue art piece, it is over Ferguson. The background is newspaper to symbolize how close we will get to the event. The main focal point is the "Shot Six Times" to symbolize that it all got it's start over the death of Michael Brown. It shows the black citizens standing on one side while  the white cops stand on the other.  The viewer is one of the black citizens, standing up against an overruling racist cops of Ferguson. To add more to the piece I sprinkled gun powder over the piece and added six shells and bullets to show how Michael Brown died. I painted the sides with black spray paint to also symbolize how some people would tag buildings to get their words outspoken to many. Overall I believe it is a powerful piece and has achieved what I wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment