Monday, November 24, 2014

The monster within us all

This piece was made during a Halloween party in class. It was a printmaking type of thing that I have never attempted. The first round, my picture turned pout bad and I ripped it off and placed my friends on it, in my place. That time it is hard to see it. When looking close at the piece you can see my friend as a pig covered in the deep background, and a bright red, upside down cross. But in the front you see a stencil and it shows light hearted things. This represents a battle for the subconscious under demonic possession. In the deep background a demon lurks, but in the front it shows socially acceptable things, childlike in nature. This in a sense shows the duality of man. Overall, this is piece is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment